App Store Connect for ASO specialist
App Store Connect is a suite of web-based tools for iOS developers and ASO specialists to manage their apps on the App Store. It provides features such as submitting new versions of apps, setting up app metadata and pricing, monitoring app performance, and managing in-app purchases and subscriptions. Developers use App Store Connect to manage their apps' distribution and sales on the App Store. You can find a short instruction on How to launch an app on the App Store?
Here is a high-level overview of the steps involved in releasing a mobile app on the App Store Connect:
- Prepare your app.
- Create an App Store Connect account.
- Submit your appl.
- Review and approval.
- Release your app.
- Monitor and update.
Note: The exact steps and details for releasing an app on the App Store Connect may vary depending on your app and the specific requirements of the App Store. It is recommended to review the App Store guidelines and follow best practices for app release and management.
How to submit a mobile app to App Store Connect:
- Log in to App Store Connect: Create Apple ID and sign in to your App Store Connect account using your Apple ID.
- Create a new app: Click the "+" icon in the top left corner, then select "New App." Enter the app's name, select its primary language and bundle ID, and choose the platform (iOS, iPad, or macOS) you will distribute.
Already here, we begin to apply the result of text optimization and indicate the Title in the application name using relevant keywords.
- Complete App Information: Fill in the app's information, including its primary and secondary categories, descriptions, and keywords.
Thus, you can localize your application page to all available languages. Or take the opportunity to expand indexing with additional locales.
On the App Information page, we apply all the metadata in all the locales we need using additional languages. Find out which country has additional locales and which ones are available in ASOMobile - App Store Localization.
App Information - you can localize the information displayed in the Version Information section. The information in the Application General Information section is used in different locales.
Set Age Rating is a mandatory app information rating used by parental controls in the App Store. App Store Connect will provide a content list; you will only have to choose what your user will meet. The App Store will automatically assign you an age rating and additional region-specific age ratings.
End-User License Agreement
In the general Application Information section, you can add the License Agreement and apply it to selected regions or countries.
- Upload the app build: Choose the appropriate build configuration, upload the app, and click "Save."
- Add screenshots and app previews: Provide screenshots and app previews that showcase your app's key features and functionality.
You can upload an icon, three app previews, and up to ten screenshots per page of your app, following the platform's guidelines.
- Set up pricing and availability: Decide on the pricing for your app, choose the territories it will be available in, and set its availability date.
- Submit for review: Once all the information is complete, click the "Submit for Review" button to send your app for review.
How to track performance and results
So your application has been approved. Then we begin to monitor its dynamics using App Store Connect actively.
Tracking the performance of your app store optimization (ASO) strategy can help you measure the effectiveness of your efforts and make data-driven decisions to improve your app's visibility and ranking in app store search results. You can use App Store Connect for checking app Ratings&Reviews, but for ASO specialists, it is not enough. We always want to track all indicators of our mobile app performance, such as:
- Keyword rankings: Track your app's ranking for targeted keywords to see if your optimization efforts are improving your visibility in search results. You can use tools like App Annie or Sensor Tower to monitor your keyword rankings.
- App store metrics: Monitor your app's overall performance, such as downloads, reviews, and ratings, to see if changes to your ASO strategy are having a positive impact.
- Conversion rate: Track the percentage of users who download your app after finding it in the app store. This metric can help you understand how well your app's title, description, and visuals resonate with potential users.
- User Acquisition Cost (UAC): Calculate the cost of acquiring each new user through app store optimization. This can help you understand the return on investment of your ASO efforts.
- User behavior: Track how users are interacting with your app after they download it, such as the number of sessions, average session length, and time spent in the app. This information can help you identify areas for improvement and make changes to keep users engaged.
- Competitor analysis: Keep an eye on your competitors and monitor their ASO strategies to stay ahead of the curve. You can use tools like App Annie or Sensor Tower to compare your app's performance with that of your competitors.
By regularly monitoring these metrics, you can identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to optimize your ASO strategy and drive more downloads and engagement for your app.
All these factors can be managed by professional ASO tools - like ASOMobile. We recommend using App Keywords to check which keywords you are indexed for and which positions. Or use the more comprehensive ASO Dashboard tool and view over ten infographics that will show you the effectiveness of your ASO optimization.
Keep in mind that you can integrate your account from App Store Connect with ASOMobile and, as a result, fully synchronize data, work with reviews and ratings, and constantly monitor the status of your application.